Business Insurance 2019 Data & RankingsPosted On: Jan. 1, 2020 12:00 AM CST
The surge in mergers and acquisitions over the past few years has brought significant change to the insurance industry, which is reflected in Business Insurance’s rankings of industry firms.
The brokerage sector in particular continues to see larger firms buying up numerous smaller competitors and rolling them up into even bigger brokerages, bringing changes to our ranking of the World’s Largest Brokers and the Top 100 Brokers of U.S. Business.
In this special data and rankings issue of Business Insurance, we combine our proprietary rankings of brokers, wholesalers, surplus lines insurers, third-party administrators and more from the past year with other industry data to present a picture of an evolving market.
For more information on Business Insurance rankings and research, visit www.businessinsurance.com and click on the “Research and Reports” tab.
To submit information on your firm for our directories and rankings, contact Andy Toh, director of research, planning and insights at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gavin Souter, editor
- BI Top 100
- Fastest growing brokers
- Most productive brokers
- Largest privately owned brokers
- World's largest insurance brokers
- Largest U.S. insurers
- Largest U.S. commercial retail brokers
- Largest workers compensation insurers
- Largest benefits brokers
- Largest medical professional liability insurers
- World's largest reinsurance brokers
- World's largest reinsurers
- Largest property/casualty wholesalers
- Largest MGAs/underwriting managers/Lloyd's coverholders
- Largest U.S.-based surplus lines insurers
- Largest third-party administrators
- Largest cyber security insurers (stand-alone policies)
- Largest cyber security insurers (package policies)
- Largest commercial auto insurers
- Largest captive managers
- Largest captive domiciles
- Share of captives worldwide